Wednesday, 30 July 2014

This Is The Moment


I will enjoy the feeling
I will keep a picture of this moment
because this is it ,
this is the moment
When I conceived my first baby, I kept checking my time
Didn't stop to feel the amazing gift of expecting.
With echoes of untold pleasantries of what others had experienced
Braced myself for the day of delivery
Which would bring so much pain



With no mention of the awesome feeling that will come with the gift of
life
Older now, I will enjoy the moment of pregnancy
This is the moment of my life.
The first few days of being a mother was another story
Confusion about best position
when breastfeeding the baby,
best sleeping position of the baby,
how soon the belly-button will heal,
keeping the baby clean and happy......?
Messed up all the way
Baby cried more than she smiled
Thought I was doing everything wrong,
Hoped I'd just get the grip of it
Gave up on trying after many sleepless nights
Convinced myself it will get better when the baby learnt how to sit
Never stopped to capture the joy of the first moments
Older now, I will enjoy the cries of life
Because the next step is not here
this is the moment
The sitting stage came, the crying got louder,
the feeding got heavier,

the demand for attention increased
Convinced myself this is not the ideal stage either
Thought if she learnt how to talk it will be much easier for both of us
Now I am older, its actually fun to watch babies communicate before they
learn how to talk 
They fully understand you in their natural way, and its awesome
This is it. 
This is the moment.
At the same time I was waiting for the baby to talk , I also waited for
 the baby to walk 
so that I don't have to carry her around 
so that she will reach out for the stuff she wanted without screaming
 her
lungs out.
Had no idea, that being independent will mean me running behind to make
sure she is safe 
Walking stage came, 
and I realized every stage has its worries, pains , laughs, cries and
 memories to capture*
I will not wait for a better moment

this is it
this is the moment

I will enjoy it now...................................... 

 Nita

1 comment: